Cauliflower Steak with Miso Cream and Micro Leaf Pesto
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp white miso
- 20g butter, melted
Micro leaf pesto:
- 15g walnuts
- 40g Parmesan
- 15g Westlands Italian mix
- 150ml olive oil
- 1 tbsp white miso
- 200ml double cream
- Preheat the oven to 190 C.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
- Remove outer leaves, then cut cauliflower into two, 1-inch thick steaks from the middle of the cauliflower.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil to a frying pan and place steaks in on medium-low heat for two minutes on each side.
- In a bowl, whisk the miso and butter together.
- Carefully brush the steaks with the marinade, then place in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Place the pesto ingredients into a food processor and pulse until you have a chunky pesto.
- Add cream and miso to a pan and whisk over low heat until fully combined.
- Now you are ready to assemble! Start by spooning miso cream on to your plate. Add the cauliflower steak, then drizzle over the pesto and decorate with your favourite cress from Westlands.