Impress your guests with this rose cupcake recipe, baked with cocoa powder and topped with our delicious Edible Rose Petals! The perfect after-dinner treat (or elevensies snack!), these cupcakes are perfect for those with a sweet tooth. Created by @rochelleskitchenlondon.
- 12 muffin paper cases in a muffin tray
- Electric hand mixer (optional)
- 175g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 150g butter
- 150g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 3 tbsp cocoa powder
- For the buttercream…
- 120g soft butter
- 500g icing sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp rose water
- 10g Westlands Edible Rose Petals
- 60g shelled pistachio nuts finely crushed
- pink food colouring
Method for Rose Cupcake Recipe!
- Preheat your oven to 160 Fan
- Sift the flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and salt together in a bowl.
- Beat the sugar and butter with an electric whisk until pale and fluffy and then add the vanilla extract and the eggs one at a time beating well to ensure that everything is combined.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients beating slowly until combined.
- Divide the mixture between the muffin cases and bake in the preheated oven for 20- 25 minutes until well risen and a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before decorating. For the buttercream beat the butter with an electric hand mixer until soft and smooth.
- Sift half the sugar into the butter and mix till incorporated.
- Add the rest of the sugar with the rose water and beat until mixed.
- Add the milk slowly while continuing to beat for a further 3-4 minutes on a higher speed.
- Add the food colouring till your desired colour is achieved and fully incorporated.
- Pipe or spread the buttercream onto the cakes.
- Sprinkle with the crushed pistachio nuts and cover generously with the rose petals. Eat and enjoy!