- 2 bunches of rhubarb, about 8 or 10 stems, cut into 5 cm pieces
- Squeeze of honey
- 1 blood orange, juice and zest
- Micro purple basil from Westlands UK
- Edible flowers from Westlands UK
- 300ml double cream
- 300ml thick Greek yoghurt
- 200g caster sugar
- Vanilla essence, 1tsp
Recipe for Poached Rhubarb, Yoghurt Ice-Cream, Micro Purple Basil and Edible Flowers Recipe
- You’ll need to get your ice-cream done first, ideally the day before – or buy a good quality yoghurt ice cream. Whipped lemony mascarpone goes really well with this too!
- For the ice-cream, whip your double cream until you have soft peaks. Fold in your yoghurt, vanilla essence and sugar and put into a freeze-proof container. Place into the freezer for about 6 hours or overnight. Remove and whizz up in a food processor. Pop back into the container and leave in the freezer until needed.
- Heat your oven to 180 C. For your gorgeous rhubarb, place the cut pieces into an oven-proof dish, add the squeeze of blood orange, some honey and the zest of the orange. Cover loosely with foil and pop into the oven for about 10 or 15 minutes depending on the thickness of the rhubarb.
- Take out of the oven. On your bowls or plates, arrange your blushing rhubarb and ice-cream. Scatter over your Micro Purple Basil and Edible Flowers. Sometimes I add some crushed pistachios.
This is such an easy pudding that can be made a day or two in advance, you can just gently reheat the rhubarb if you like. Also yummy with granola or on porridge with almond butter.