If you’re looking for a new healthy recipe idea, you’ve come to the right place! This delicious Freekeh Salad was created by Emma Waddell (@whipupastorm), and features our new English Mix!
Freekeh Salad with Whipped Ricotta, Orange and Hazelnut
- 200g cooked freekeh (or quinoa)
- 2 oranges
- 250g Ricotta
- 30g Hazelnuts
- 40g Micro leaf salad
- Balsamic vinegar
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Westlands English Mix
- Zest one of the oranges so that you have 1½ tsp zest.
- Segment both oranges and transfer to a bowl.
- Warm through the cooked freekeh in a pan. Rather than add a splash of water, add a splash of the orange juice from the remainder of the orange.
- Toast the hazelnuts in a frying pan until golden brown and then crush gently in a pestle and mortar or roughly chop with a knife.
- Put the ricotta, 1½ tsp orange zest and ⅓ tsp flaky sea salt into a food processor and blitz for 1-2 minutes until smooth and combined.
- Add the whipped ricotta to a plate, followed by the warm freekeh. Add your micro leaf and the orange segments. Top with crushed hazelnuts, a drizzle or both extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar and garnish with Westlands English Mix.