This summery roast salmon recipe is crafted by Sophie Rushton-Smith (@thecornerplot on Instagram). Featuring our flavoursome Watercress and decorative Marigold, it’s perfectly paired with the citrus of the orange and freshness of the salmon.
See the video recipe on Instagram here.
Ingredients for Roast Salmon Recipe
- 2 unwaxed oranges
- 1 banana shallot, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp runny honey
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 900g side of salmon, skin on
- Westlands UK Micro Watercress
- Westlands UK Edible Marigold Flowers to decorate
Ingredients for Stuffed Courgette Flowers
- 80g ricotta
- 1 lemon, zest & juice
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- Micro basil
- Sea salt and black pepper
- 4 Westlands UK Courgette Flowers
- Extra virgin olive oil
Method for Roast Salmon
- Preheat the oven to 220 C/200 C fan.
- Finely grate the zest from one orange and set aside for decoration and squeeze the juice into a small non-reactive mixing bowl. Slice the second orange thinly.
- Put the sliced shallot in a roasting tin that fits the fish snugly. Place the orange slices on top, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil and season well. Place the salmon on top, skin-side down.
- Whisk the remaining oil with the soy sauce, rice vinegar, orange juice and honey, and pour over the salmon. Roast for 15−20 minutes, basting the salmon after 12 minutes and 5 minutes later, until the fish is cooked and opaque.
- Gently remove the salmon from the roasting tray, place skin-side up on a plate, peel away the skin and discard. Arrange the oranges and onions onto a serving dish and top with the salmon. Pour over the juices from the tin, and sprinkle with the micro watercress, marigold petals, orange zest and freshly ground black pepper.
Method for Stuffed Courgette Flowers (using an air fryer)
- Preheat your air fryer to 200C.
- Carefully cut out the stamens from inside the flowers and discard them.
- Beat the ricotta, lemon zest, juice from ½ lemon, chilli flakes and 3 tbsp micro basil together. Season with sea salt and black pepper, and add more lemon if you like.
- Spoon the filling into a piping bag (or use teaspoons to fill the flowers) and fill the flowers, twisting the ends of the petals together to form a bag.
- Repeat for all the courgette flowers. Spray with a little extra virgin olive oil and air-fry for 10 mins. Serve straight away.
We hope you enjoy this awesome roast salmon recipe! Tag us on Instagram – we’d love to see your dishes: @westlandsuk